Important reminder: Sanctions Notice (transactions processing)
HSBC is committed and continues to comply with sanctions laws and regulations of the European Union, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, the United Nations, the United States, and applicable sanctions laws and regulations in the jurisdictions which HSBC operates, including Malaysia.
This means that HSBC will take necessary measures (including but not limited to customer/ transaction screening) to safeguard HSBC and customers’ money from financial crime as well as the integrity of our financial system.
While HSBC seeks to investigate the customer alerts or transactions (that are stopped in HSBC’s screening system) in a reasonable timeframe, it may result in delays to the processing of customer transactions while additional due diligence is conducted and information is obtained on the nature of the underlying transaction or the parties involved.
We seek your understanding that the spirit of this measure aims to ensure we continue to be your most dependable bank in safeguarding your monies entrusted with us.
If you are using our mobile app and because our app is downloaded from other app stores, we want to make it clear that we, not the app stores, are responsible for this app and so you should contact us in relation to:
- the app's content, maintenance and support,
- any malfunctions of this app,
- any claims relating to this app.
We want to make sure that your use of this app is as safe as possible so you must:
- install security updates for this app as and when they become available. If you don't, you may not be able to use the app,
- keep your device safe and secure,
- only provide correct information via the app,
- don't use the app for any purpose which is unlawful, obscene, offensive, improper or threatening,
- if you've chosen to access the app by using biometrics, such as facial recognition, ensure that your device only recognizes your biometrics.
When you're using our app, the app stores are considered as third party beneficiaries and they can rely on the above terms in the same way as we can.