HSBC Dual Currency Investment
Gain potentially higher returns up to 20.0% p.a.1 with dual currency investment.
More opportunities to potentially maximise your returns
HSBC’s Dual Currency Investment offers up to 42 currency pairings (as of 26th August 2021) with real time pricing – giving you even more opportunities to maximise your investment potentials.
You can take advantage of the exchange rate and gold pricing movements to gain potentially higher returns compared to ordinary fixed deposits. Besides, you have the flexibility to choose the currency pairing (base and linked currencies), tenure (ranging from 1 week to 3 months) and the conversion rate you feel most comfortable with.
What’s more, earn potentially higher returns when we pay your investment amount together with investment returns at maturity, which may either be in the base or linked currency depending on the exchange rate movements in respect of the currency pair.
If you use foreign currency regularly for your child’s educational expenses overseas or business interests abroad, Dual Currency Investment may be right for you.
Renminbi currency pairings
Capitalise on the booming Renminbi and gain potentially higher returns compared to fixed deposits. Why Renminbi?
How do you start investing?
Choose the available base currency and linked currency pairing.
- MYR (Malaysia)
- USD (United States)
- AUD (Australia)
- EUR (European Union)
- GBP (United Kingdom)
- JPY (Japan)
- NZD (New Zealand)
- SGD (Singapore)
- HKD (Hong Kong)
- CAD (Canadian Dollar)
- XAU (International currency of Gold)
- RMB (Renminbi)
Select tenor and conversion rate.
Tenor: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, or 3 months.
Decide on your investment amount. Minimum RM50,0005 or its equivalent in foreign currency.
Upon maturity, if the base currency:
- Weakens – investment amount and investment returns will be paid in the base currency.
- Strengthens – investment amount and investment returns will be converted to and paid in the linked currency.
Apply for HSBC Dual Currency Investment
Speak to your Relationship Manager or walk into any HSBC Branch.
Things you should know
1Based on XAU (Base Currency) to USD (Linked Currency) on 11:30am, 26th August 2021. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance and this return is not guaranteed as it is subjected to the currencies movement.
- Total net personal assets, not inclusive of the value of primary residence, exceeds MYR3,000,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies; OR
- Investor’s and spouse’s combined net personal assets, not inclusive of the value of primary residence, exceeds MYR3,000,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies; OR
- Investor’s gross annual income for past 12 months exceeds MYR300,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies; OR
- Investor’s and spouse’s combined gross annual income for past 12 months exceeds MYR400,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies;
THIS IS NOT A PRINCIPAL PROTECTED INVESTMENT, AND DEPENDING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING, INVESTORS MAY AT MATURITY RECEIVE AN AMOUNT LESS THAN THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT INVESTED.
WARNING: THE RETURNS ON YOUR STRUCTURED PRODUCT INVESTMENT WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING ASSET/REFERENCE, AND THE RECOVERY OF YOUR PRINCIPAL INVESTMENT MAY BE JEOPARDISED IF YOU MAKE AN EARLY REDEMPTION. THIS STRUCTURED INVESTMENT IS NOT PROTECTED BY PERBADANAN INSURANS DEPOSIT MALAYSIA.